A Lagos-based content creator and thrift vendor, popularly known as Fems Thrift, has alleged that she and her friend were sexually assaulted after being lured to what was presented as a modelling job in Ajao Estate, Lagos State.
The young entrepreneur shared her story in a video posted on her TikTok page, saying the incident happened on Friday, February 8. Her account has since sparked widespread reactions on social media, with many Nigerians calling for justice and urging security agencies to act quickly.
According to her, the alleged attacker first contacted her on Instagram on February 1. She said the man introduced himself as someone who had recently returned from the United Kingdom to launch an international fashion brand in Nigeria. He reportedly told her he was looking for models to promote the brand and offered her N140,000 for the assignment.
She said the offer included modelling for the brand and promoting it on her social media platforms, where she has built a following as a content creator and thrift vendor.
In her video, she explained that she initially felt the offer was legitimate because the man spoke confidently about his plans and claimed that a full production team would be present during the shoot. He allegedly assured her that there would be a make-up artist and other crew members at the location.
Fems Thrift said she agreed to the job after several exchanges and fixed February 8 as the date for the shoot. For safety reasons, she asked a friend to accompany her to the location.
“My friend was already with me, so she accompanied me for safety,” she said in the video.
They reportedly arrived at the apartment in Ajao Estate around 11 a.m. on the agreed date. However, she said they were surprised to find the space mostly empty.
According to her, the man told them the apartment served as a content creation studio and claimed that members of the production team, including the make-up artist, had stepped out briefly but would soon return.
She further alleged that the suspect asked her to take a shower in preparation for the shoot and gave her a robe to change into. Believing that the shoot would soon begin, she complied.
She claimed that shortly after, the man entered the room under the excuse of showing her how to lock the door before other crew members arrived. It was at that point, she alleged, that the situation changed.
According to her account, the man locked the door and threatened both women. She alleged that they were forced to comply with his demands.
She also claimed that their mobile phones were seized and that they were compelled to unlock private folders on their devices. She alleged that personal files were transferred to the suspect’s device.
“He threatened me with my internet presence, saying if I spoke up, he would release my private videos now and in the future,” she said.
The women reportedly left the apartment between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. the same day.
The video has since gone viral, drawing attention to the dangers young Nigerians, especially women, may face when responding to job offers from strangers online. Many social media users have expressed anger over the alleged incident and have called for the arrest of the suspect. Some users have also circulated images said to be of the alleged perpetrator.
As of Wednesday, the Lagos State Police Command said no formal complaint had been filed.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Adebisi, said that as of February 11, 2026, the command had not received any official report regarding the incident.
She added that efforts were ongoing to reach the complainant to enable the police to begin a proper investigation.
In Nigeria, cases of sexual assault and rape remain a serious concern. Advocacy groups have repeatedly called for stronger enforcement of laws and better support systems for survivors. Lagos State has a Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency (DSVA) and a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) where victims can receive medical care, counselling, and legal support.
However, many cases go unreported due to fear of stigma, threats, or lack of trust in the justice system. Experts say that threats involving the release of private images or videos are increasingly being used by perpetrators to silence victims. This form of blackmail, sometimes called “sextortion,” has become more common with the rise of social media and digital devices.
The alleged incident has also raised concerns about safety in the modelling and content creation industry. In recent years, many young Nigerians have turned to social media influencing, modelling, and brand promotion as sources of income. While these opportunities can be legitimate, there have been cases where fake job offers were used to lure victims into unsafe situations.
Women’s rights organizations have urged authorities to take the allegation seriously and ensure that a thorough investigation is carried out once a formal complaint is made. They have also encouraged the survivor to seek medical and legal support.
As the story continues to trend online, many Nigerians are watching closely to see what steps law enforcement agencies will take. The case has once again highlighted the need for greater awareness, stronger protection for women, and accountability for those who commit sexual violence.
For now, the alleged victim’s video remains a powerful reminder of the risks that can come with online interactions and the importance of caution when dealing with strangers, especially in situations that involve private meetings.
The Lagos State Police have said they are ready to act once an official complaint is received. Meanwhile, calls for justice continue to grow across social media platforms.
